Our Family History.
|Home | Contact | Statistics | Index|
1. George Edward RUSHWORTH was the son of George Wilfred RUSHWORTH (1905-1981) and Alice MC SHANE (1910-1994).
Anne BOOTH was the daughter of Cyril Gordon BOOTH (1906-2003) and Phyllis Mary CHEESMAN (1908-2003). She and George Edward RUSHWORTH had the following children:
|George Wilfred RUSHWORTH, wilf1|
|Spouse: Gwendoline JONES, Jones, Gwen|
2. George Wilfred RUSHWORTH , son of John Thomas RUSHWORTH and Maria BRELLISFORD, was born on 15 May 1905 in Horsforth, Leeds. Between 1905 and 1945 he was resident in Horsforth. Between 1919 and 1945 he was a Farmer in North Ives Farm, Horsforth, Leeds. He married Alice MC SHANE on 23 February 1929 in Armley Parish Church (Leeds). Between 1945 and 1950 he was resident in Horsforth. Between 1946 and 1954 he was an Executive Officer, Agricultural Executuve in Halifax. He and Alice MC SHANE were divorced on 30 June 1947. He married Gwendoline JONES on 30 August 1947 in Guiseley Registry Office. Between 1950 and 1954 he was resident in Horsforth. Between 1954 and 1978 he was a Farmer in Intake farm, Rawdon. Between 1954 and 1978 he was resident in Rawdon. Between 1978 and 1981 he was resident in Rawdon. He died on 23 November 1981 in Ilkley. He was cremated on 27 November 1981 in Rawdon Crematorium.
Gwendoline JONES , daughter of George JONES (1881- ) and Renny FARRAR ( - ), was born on 13 December 1917 in Carlton, Barnsley, West Yorkshire. Between 1939 and 1945 she was a Farm Dairy Maid at North Ives Farm in Horsforth. Between 1945 and 1947 she was a Housekeeper to Mr & Mrs Harold Mason (Horsforth Laudry) in Northfield Road, Horsforth, and "Woodhall", Calverley, Leeds. She died on 9 November 2004 in 24, Hill Crescent, Rawdon, Leeds. She was cremated on 16 November 2004 in Rawdon Crematorium. She and George Wilfred RUSHWORTH had the following children:
|Alice MC SHANE, Alice|
3. Alice MC SHANE , daughter of William Henry MC SHANE and Annie SAVILLE, was born on 1 April 1910 in 58 Bruce Street, New Wortley, Leeds. She died on 11 February 1994 in Wakefield. She was cremated on 18 February 1994 in Wakefield Crematorium. She and George Wilfred RUSHWORTH had the following children:
|John Thomas RUSHWORTH, JohnThom|
4. John Thomas RUSHWORTH , son of Thomas RUSHWORTH and Susannah YEADON, was born on 2 February 1867 in Manningham, Bradford. He was a Farmer in Eastbrook Farm, Rawdon, and North Ives Farm, Horsforth. He married Maria BRELLISFORD on 27 September 1893 in Rawdon, Leeds. He appeared in the census in 1910 in Horsforth. He died on 28 December 1927 in Horsforth, Leeds. He was buried in Rawdon Parish Church.
|Maria BRELLISFORD, Maria|
5. Maria BRELLISFORD , daughter of Joseph BRELLISFORD and Mary BRADDOCK, was born on 12 November 1864 in Newbridge, Rhosymedre, Denbighshire, N Wales. She died on 27 January 1953 in Horsforth. She was buried in Rawdon Parish Church. She and John Thomas RUSHWORTH had the following children:
Alec Brellisford RUSHWORTH (1896-1916). Alec was born on 18 April 1896 in Rawdon. He had the title 'MM'. He experienced Military on 11 November 1916 in France. He died on 19 November 1916 in France. He was buried on 20 November 1916 in Forceville, France.
Thomas Edward RUSHWORTH (1898-1917). Thomas was born on 1 January 1898 in Rawdon. He died on 9 October 1917 in Ypres, Belgium. He was buried in No known grave.
Mary Alice RUSHWORTH (1900-1970). Mary was born on 19 February 1900 in Rawdon. In 1953 she was resident in Horsforth. She died on 30 March 1970 in Horsforth. She was cremated in Rawdon Crematorium.
Edith Annie RUSHWORTH (1901-1904). Edith was born on 30 November 1901 in Rawdon. She died on 8 November 1904.
John Henry RUSHWORTH (1903-1990). John was born on 28 August 1903 in Horsforth. He died on 9 November 1990 in Horsforth. He was cremated in Rawdon Crematorium.
Marjorie RUSHWORTH (1906-1983). Marjorie was born on 14 December 1906 in Horsforth. She married Percy ROBINSON on 6 June 1927 in Horsforth. She died on 12 April 1983 in Cookridge. She was cremated in Rawdon Crematorium.
Jessie RUSHWORTH (1909-1988). Jessie was born on 3 October 1909 in Horsforth. She immigrated to Cairo, Egypt "ca. 1935 for 10 years or so". She married Stanley Edward HODGSON on 11 July 1934 in Woodside Parish Church, Horsforth, Leeds. She died on 16 May 1988 in Scarborough, N.York. She was cremated in Stonefall Crematorium, Harrogate.
|William Henry MC SHANE, william|
6. William Henry MC SHANE , son of Francis MC SHANE and Ann COLLINSON, was born on 15 October 1868 in Habergham Eaves Barracks, Burnley, Lancashire. He married Annie SAVILLE in 1894 in Armley Hall Church, Oak Road, New Wortley, Leeds. 1 In 1901 he was a Sugar Works Timekeeper in Liverpool. He appeared in the census in 1901 in Walton on the Hill, Liverpool. Between 1905 and 1916 he was a Cooper in 11 Armley Road, Leeds. In 1911 he was resident in New Wortley, Leeds. His Elected was 'Leeds City Councillor' between 1911 and 1916 in New Wortley Ward, Leeds. In 1913 he was resident in New Wortley. His Elected was 'Alderman of Leeds City Council' between 1913 and 1915 in Leeds. He died on 6 December 1916 in New Wortley. He was buried on 12 December 1916 in New Wortley Cemetery, Hall Lane, Armley, Leeds.
|Annie SAVILLE, Annie|
7. Annie SAVILLE , daughter of John William SAVILLE and Jane BIRCH, was born on 6 September 1873 in Sugarwell Hill, Meanwood, Leeds. In 1933 she was resident in Leeds. She died on 16 May 1933 in Armley, Leeds. She was buried on 20 May 1933 in New Wortley Cemetery. She and William Henry MC SHANE had the following children:
Mildred (2nd) MC SHANE (1904-1966). Mildred was born on 14 June 1904 in Liverpool. She was an Electricity company emloyee on leaving school. Her AKA was 'Mollie'. She married Charles L. MAC CARTHY . She died on 27 July 1966 in Potters Bar, Herts.
Lilian MC SHANE (1908-2001). Lilian was born on 10 May 1908. In 1949 she was resident in Leeds. In 2000 she was resident in Leeds. She died on 18 July 2001 in Rawdon. She was cremated on 25 July 2001 in Lawnswood, Leeds.
William (2nd) Henry MC SHANE (1914-1949). William was born on 11 April 1914. In 1930 he was a Docks Police Sergeant in Southampton. In 1930 he was resident in Southampton. In 1945 (approx.) he was resident in Huddersfield, Yorkshire. His AKA was 'Bill'. He died in 1949 in Huddersfield. He was buried on 8 July 1949 in New Wortley Cemetery.
|1||"Marriages". Leeds/Bramley/Armley Marriages Mar.Qtr. 1894 Mcshane William Henry 9b.|
1. Anne BOOTH was the daughter of Cyril Gordon BOOTH (1906-2003) and Phyllis Mary CHEESMAN (1908-2003).
George Edward RUSHWORTH was the son of George Wilfred RUSHWORTH (1905-1981) and Alice MC SHANE (1910-1994). He and Anne BOOTH had the following children:
|Cyril Gordon BOOTH, gordon1|
2. Cyril Gordon BOOTH , son of William Edmund BOOTH and Edith Alice THOMAS, was born on 22 July 1906 in Gildersome, Leeds. He was christened in August 1906 in Gildersome Baptist Church. Between 1906 and 1922 he was resident in Gildersome. He was educated at Moravian Boys' School between 1913 and 1923 in Fulneck, Pudsey. Between 1922 and 1929 he was resident in Barkston Ash. Between 1923 and 1966 he was a Woollen Manufacturer in Booth Bros. (Drighlington) Ltd., Bradford. He experienced Military between 1925 and 1930 in Tadcaster. He was educated at Leeds University, Department of Textile Industries in 1927 in Leeds. He and Phyllis Mary CHEESMAN became engaged in 1928 in Selby. Between 1929 and 1943 he was resident in Gildersome. He married Phyllis Mary CHEESMAN on 22 August 1929 in Selby Abbey. He experienced Military between 1939 and 1945 in Morley, Nr Leeds, Yorkshire. Between 1943 and 1945 he was resident in Sherburn-in-Elmet. Between 1945 and 1947 he was resident in Church Fenton. Between 1947 and 1951 he was resident in Barkston Ash. Between 1951 and 1962 he was resident in Ilkley. He was confirmed on 6 April 1962 in St Peter, Addingham. Between 1962 and 1969 he was resident in Askwith, Otley. He retired in 1966 in Askwith. Between 1969 and 1971 he was resident in Port Ellen, Isle of Islay. Between 1971 and 1982 he was resident in Port Ellen. His Elected was 'Fellow of the Society of Antiquaries' in 1975 in Scotland. His Misc was 'Founder and Chairman of the Islay Museums Trust' between 1976 and 1979 in Museum of Islay Life, Port Charlotte, Isle of Islay. Between 1982 and 1985 he was resident in Bruichladdich, Isle of Islay. Between 1985 and 1995 he was resident in Comrie, Perthshire. Between 1995 and 2000 he was resident in Comrie. His Misc was 'H.M. the Queen Mother's Birthday Award for the Environment' on 24 October 1996 in Comrie. Between 2000 and 2003 he was resident in Comrie. He had the title 'F.S.A.(Scotland)'. He died on 18 November 2003 in Dalginross House, Comrie, Perthshire.
|Phyllis Mary CHEESMAN, phyllis2|
3. Phyllis Mary CHEESMAN , daughter of Percy CHEESMAN and Mabel Helen JACKSON, was born on 4 November 1908 in Selby. She was christened in December 1908 in Selby Abbey. She was educated at at home by a governess between 1913 and 1915 in Selby. She was educated at Moravian Girls' School between 1915 and 1917 in Fulneck. She was educated at High School between 1917 and 1922 in Selby. She was educated at Polam Hall between 1922 and 1924 in Darlington. She was confirmed on 29 February 1924 in Selby Abbey. Her Elected was 'Captain of Selby Ladies Golf Club' in 1926 in Selby. Her Elected was 'Justice of the Peace' between 1950 and 1969 in West Riding of Yorkshire. Her Elected was 'President of Ilkley Golf Club' in 1951 in Ilkley. She died on 21 July 2003 in Comrie. She and Cyril Gordon BOOTH had the following children:
|William Edmund BOOTH, willie2|
4. William Edmund BOOTH , son of John Israel BOOTH and Jane Elizabeth WOOD, was born on 8 December 1879 in Drighlington. He was educated at at The College, Churwell, in 1890/91 in Leeds. In 1904 he was resident in Gildersome. He married Edith Alice THOMAS on 27 April 1904 in Unitarian Chapel, Chapel Lane, Bradford. He died on 7 January 1974 in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. He was cremated in St Albans.
|Edith Alice THOMAS, EDITHALI|
5. Edith Alice THOMAS , daughter of Frederick William THOMAS and Emma, was born on 19 December 1880 in Windhill (Shipley). She died on 8 August 1973 in Harpenden. She was cremated in St Albans. She and William Edmund BOOTH had the following children:
|Percy CHEESMAN, PERCYCHE|
6. Percy CHEESMAN , son of William Norwood CHEESMAN and Margaret Ellen BURTON, was born on 26 August 1884. He married Mabel Helen JACKSON on 3 July 1907. In 1953 he was resident in Pocklington, East Yorkshire. He died on 27 January 1967.
May THORNLEY and Percy CHEESMAN had the following children:
|Mabel Helen JACKSON, MABELJA|
7. Mabel Helen JACKSON , daughter of Henry JACKSON and Annie Elizabeth STEAD, was born on 11 February 1885. Between 1930 and 1950 she was resident in Bridlington. She died on 30 January 1953 in Bridlington. She was cremated in Bridlington Crematorium. She and Percy CHEESMAN had the following children: